My People~♥

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review of the Super Chibiusa Nakayoshi Baby Doll

Hi again! :D
Okay, so, today I'm going to be doing a "review" of the Nakayoshi Super Sailor Chibiusa Babydoll. I've never done a review before, especially not of a Sailor Moon item. It's more of a detailed description of the doll, because I know a lot of people are interested in it because of it's rarity. I only know of 3 other people on the internet that own this doll; the owner of sailormoontoys.com, one person on smcollector, and one other from google. xD There are of course more, but I know access is limited to information about them. So...here you go!

I purchased this doll off of Livejournal on the community Serasell. I was fortunate enough to catch the post a minute after it was posted. The seller said to "make offers", so, in my frenzy, I sent her a ridiculous sum. I offered $200. She responded saying I hit it on the mark; that was EXACTLY what she wanted. She had paid $250 for the doll in the same condition it was currently in. So what I offered was ideal, and she took it. It was fortunate I was so impulsive, because within 10 minutes 3 more offers of the same price came in! I was VERY lucky to have got this doll, and I appreciate and love her so much!

Here are some pictures:

Photobucket

Full Body View. I have her on a stand to keep her up. The stand clamps around her neck, so her choker is not visable. But it's there.

Photobucket

Up close of her face. Her eyes have no scratches or anything. Her face has no marks or blemishes. The only flaw she has really is her hair rooting problems. As you can see, she has no bangs. Her hair is slowly becoming un-rooted, and I fear it will eventually all fall out. I am going to begin trying to restore her soon. I will try to re-root the pre-existing hair, and then I shall add in new bangs with extensions. I'm nervous to do the restoration, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Photobucket

Close up of her dress. The detailing and choice of materials is really quite adorable. A lot of care went in to making these dolls, and the proof is in the pudding so to speak. xD

Photobucket

Her booties~ ♥ How cute are these!

Photobucket

I took a shot of her hair hoping that the arial view would better display her problems. I am lucky that her hair is not matted or has a nasty feel, but I am just overwhelmed with her hair doing what it is doing. I try not to move her too often to prevent further damage.

Photobucket

And last, the back view of the doll's dress. The bow is very large and proportionate to her head size. ♥ It obviously Velcros up the back.

The doll's middle is like a porcelain doll's; it has a squishy stuffed stomach from which the plastic limbs are attatched.

Appearance: I give the doll a 5/5. She is too cute to score lower, for one, and her sparkly-ness is definitely an eye catcher to anyone who walks in my room. She is very aesthetically pleasing.

Packaging: ---

Quality: 5/5. In comparison to some of the dolls I've seen, I have to say, this is one of the best.

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5. If you had the opportunity to ever get this item, I highly recommend purchasing. She is worth her price tag, in my opinion. ♥

So I hope you enjoyed reading this through! I hope to do more of these soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, Baby Dolls are pretty rare yet the most gorgeous ones overall. I have one but it's not a Super, its regular ChibiMoon.

    It's weird about the roots tho, I've never seen the bangs just completely gone, maybe patches here and there... oh well, hope to see some restorations pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the normal Chibiusa for Christmas. We can be Nakayoshi Chibiusa Babydoll buddies! xD
    They are very gorgeous! I love them so much! ♥

    And isn't it the oddesting thing? It almost seems like the bangs were cut out, but there's no evidence of that. O_O So odd.

    ReplyDelete