My People~♥

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Review/Detailing of the Korean Star Locket

Hello all who read this~!

So, today I will be doing a "review" on the Korean Sailor Moon Star Locket (Bandai, 1992/1995). My box says 1992, and the locket itself says 1995. This is the "mystery" version that can not be determined if the locket is REALLY Korean or if it is in fact Chinese. However, everyone I know with this mystery version all have thier lockets in a Korean box, therefore I believe it is in fact Korean. Just my thoughts however~

A bit about this locket: I got it for the amazing price of $70. It was pure luck, especially considering its condition. The locket works personally and had only been removed from the box once I believe. The locket itself had never been removed until I did so. (It had remained in its plastic incasing, but the insert had been pulled out previously for inspection before sale). I have made friends with the seller and we talk frequently ♥

Okay, here we go:

Box!

Photobucket

The front displays the Korean written title, as well as an image of Sailor Moon. There is a break in the packaging so the consumer can see that the locket is indeed a necklace, for the chain is shown.

Photobucket

Right side. Here you can see a few images from the anime, however, the animation looks a bit discolored. I think perhaps these images were created soley for the purpse of this box.

Photobucket

Left side. Cute image of Sailor Moon eating ice cream and Ami~! It also displays Sailor Moons info, for some reason xD. (Her birthdate, and I believe her bood type?).

Photobucket

Top. I actually find this to be my favorite part of the box. I don't really know why. :/ I like the image of Sailor Moon as well as the color choice and font choice. I think it really makes for an over-all friendly affect ♥

Photobucket

The back. I find the back quite boring compared to the front and sides. It almost seems like it doesn't match xD. The random picture of Luna is kind of amusing however. And I love how there are directions on how the locket works.

The Locket:

Photobucket

In the plastic covering. So shiny and beautiful! The inner most part is a crecsent with a circle in the middle, and the surrounding area is littered in small pink spots and glitter.


Photobucket

Plastic covering removed and locket closed. I will never completely close it again. xD It was so hard to get back open! I feared I would break it! I love how smooth the plastic is all around the edges of the locket. But you can't touch it too much, or else you'll get finger prints on it!

Photobucket

Back. Here you can see the winding key, as well as the licensing and the Korean sticker that has been partially removed. The key is easy to turn. I choose to turn it only a little bit, for it helps the tune play slower than it would if wound tightly. This way the tune actually sounds like Moonlight Dentetsu, not the song on speed.


Photobucket

Close up of the licensing. It says "Bandai Asia, 1995". Apparenly there are none that say "Bandai Korea" (as far as I know!), so it can be said that Korea also falls under Bandai Asia. A lot of people think Bandai Asia automatically means it is Chinese and therefore a crappy knock off, but I don't think that is the case here. However, there is always a possibility that this locket was replaced and it is Chinese. The world will never know! I do not care either way, for I love it all the same (and it's not like I over paid or something haha).

So:
Appearance: 5/5 The locket is very pleasing to the eye and touch. It looks well made and worth the money. The movement of the crescent is smooth and the tune is well done.

Packaging: 5/5. As stated, I really like this packaging. I have a thing for the older merchandise (first season, R, and S packaging is most appealing to me. I don't particularly like StarS packaging and SuperS is love-hate).

Quality: 5/5 Pretty much for the same reason as I wrote for appearance....xD

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5 I really understand why so many people hunt viciously for this item. It truly is a must-have for all Sailor Moon fans. It's symbolic meaning is great and it is a well made piece that can be enjoyed by anyone. ♥ Go buy it!

You can see a video of my locket playing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPgU7xn038

Thanks so much for viewing this review! I'll do more soon~ :D

1 comment:

  1. Hello !
    Is this sailor moon star for buying ??
    Answer to deenababy86@yahoo.de please

    ReplyDelete